To All of Our Valued Patients,
At this time, Eyecare Kingston is providing routine eye care and optical services, however all services are by appointment only, unfortunately no walk-ins are permitted. Our clinic has implemented new procedures to ensure a safe environment for our patients, doctors and staff.
Precautions Eyecare Kingston Is Taking to Limit COVID-19:
Are you worried about visiting our clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic? Rest assured, keeping our patients and staff safe is our top priority.
We employ a strict office policy that mandates that all optometrists, opticians, office staff, and patients not enter if they are feeling unwell, have a shortness of breath, fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose, or have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19 or traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
Our staff may ask you to wait outside rather than in the waiting area in order to protect yourself and others from any circulating germs. Furthermore, doctors are limiting the overlap of their schedules to space our appointments in such a way that our waiting room remains as empty as possible.
During your eye exam:
- The optometrists will use special plastic barriers on their exam room equipment to block the exchange of breath between patient and doctor.
- All doctors and staff members will wear protective masks and may wear protective shields over their eyes.
- The doctor will wait for your slit-lamp eye exam to be over before speaking with you. The doctors may schedule a phone call to discuss results or answer any questions, to protect you and others from circulating germs.
- Our opticians will use a protective plastic barriers when taking measurements.
- Our team sanitizes all equipment and patient contact surfaces after every use and at the end of the day.
- Our team sanitizes all surfaces and equipment (front desk counters, telephones, pens, door handles, chairs).
- All staff members wash their hands after contact with each patient and throughout the day.
- Our office is equipped with several sanitizing stations.
- We request that patients sanitize their hands prior to and after trying on frames. We also make sure to clean frames that have come into contact with patients with soap and hot water.
- We require all patients to wear masks, we kindly ask that you bring your own. A limited amount of disposable masks are available at our clinic.
- Appointments are required for all patients that enter the clinic, including optical sales, repairs/adjustments, and pickups, in order to limit the amount of patients in the clinic.
- One family member/caregiver is permitted to accompany a patient only if they are essential to support a patient to an appointment. The family member/caregiver must also wear a face mask.
- Patients may only enter 10 minutes prior to their appointment.
- If we don’t shake hands with our patients during this time, please don’t take it personally.
Please call Eyecare Kingston at 613-507-0707 with any questions or concerns you may have. If you feel it's best for you or a member of your family to reschedule your appointment, we encourage you to do so.
Thank you and stay safe!